Thursday, September 9, 2010

Insight into Asperger's Syndrome

I may or may not have mentioned this before, but I have a bunch of nephews and nieces with some form of Asperger's Syndrome or Autism. They are both on the same spectrum, and they are both social disorders. If anyone knows someone with these disorders, you'll probably enjoy this Q&A of a little boy and his mother. This is from Story Corps, which is a group that has placed sound booths in various public places and encouraged people to use them to record anything they want.

Then they put a few into videos and added animation.

Here is the Q&A:



And in case you want to see another one, this one is pretty good too:

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So, we have a son with high functioning autism. And my husband and I got a good chuckle of out that video. Now, whenever our son says something a little odd, my husband turns to me and says, "Do you have a mortal enemy?" Classic.