Friday, May 29, 2015

Gullible with a Capital G

At this point, it is well documented I am gullible. Those trying to be nice might say "trusting," but we all know what that actually means.

Let's just call a spade a spade.

When I was in elementary school, a rumor went around my grade that kissing your mom on the cheek would make your hands shake when you hold them out flat in front of you.



Obviously, I assumed it was true and worried about the damage I had already done to my already shaking hands.

I still remember the moral dilemma that occupied my mind for most of the day.

"I don't want my hands to get any shakier ... BUT ... I don't want my mom to think I don't love her anymore."

{Tangent}
Obviously, this would have been solved easily if I had just talked to my mom, but since when have I done anything the easy way?
{End Tangent}

In the end, I made one of the most difficult decisions of my life: continue kissing my mom goodbye on the cheek and deal with the inevitably increasing hand shaking.

As the years went by without any noticeable change to my hands, I slowly realized I might have been duped.

No comments: