Monday, December 14, 2009

Carpool Lane

Last week, my wife and I were driving in a traffic jam (although the better verb in this sentence would probably be "parked" in a traffic jam). In a vain attempt to get where we were going a little faster, we shifted into the carpool lane ... and promptly came to a stop.

I was just starting to feel my blood pressure rise when I glanced in the rear view mirror.

Right behind us in the carpool lane was this girl who couldn't have been more than 10 years old.

(Tangent)
I think the first sign of aging is when you look around and see all these little kids driving cars, going to college or registering to vote. Whenever I see this, I keep thinking, "Was I really that young when I {insert grownup activity here}?"
(End Tangent)

This infant looked like she was in a real hurry, and while I watched, she pulled something into view and held it up in the passenger seat.

It took me a second to realize what it was, and when I figured it out, I nearly choked on my gum.

It was a mannequin head. Yep. Just the head.


Is it bad that I REALLY wanted a police officer to drive by right about then?

No comments: