Thursday, December 3, 2009

I guess anyone can be a scientist

I've made a remarkable discovery.

The Nobel Prize committee will probably call me any day now.

And I didn't even major in anything science-y.

You may want to sit down for this one, but I think I've discovered an entirely new element for the periodic table.

It's definitely not a gas. And it's not really a solid or a liquid.

You'll have to see it to believe it, so head over to the grocery store and buy a stick of light margarine.


Even refrigerated, it isn't completely a solid. It's almost like Jell-O, but it's still gooey. And it doesn't seem to melt either. Putting it on toast just smears it around without actually shifting into a liquid.

So, when the Nobel Prize committee calls, do you think I should give any credit to the people who actually make light margarine?

I didn't think so either.

1 comment:

JMadd said...

So true. Add Bob's Big Boy brownie sundaes to the list. I once got one "to go" and accidentally left it in the car on an 80 degree day and it didn't melt. I never ate one again.