Thursday, January 15, 2009

Am I that old already?

So, when I started this blog, I thought it would be a good way to force myself to write down some of my experiences and thoughts, mainly for my growing little girl. I didn't know how I would like it, or whether or not it would fizzle as fast as one of my New Year's resolutions.

Well, today is my 100th post. I never thought I'd have a following, but it's been oddly satisfying to throw up a few thoughts here and there about stuff. Truthfully, I like reading blogs more than I like posting, but this has been a nice outlet for me.

I'm not saying I'm addicted or that I will continue with this forever, but for now, I'm enjoying myself, and hopefully my daughter won't read this someday and think, "Oh, dad. You're such a nerd."

In commemoration of this post, here is a random picture of some girl twirling (is that even the right word for this?) 100 hula hoops. In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't actually count them. I have better things to do, like eating ice cream or watching paint dry.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that random picture. More so, I love that you put it on your blog!!!! haha. Thanks for blogging. I'm glad to feel like I'm a part of your life again.

Dun said...

That is a pretty sweet random picture. And I don't blame you for not counting the hoops. So don't feel guilty. :-)

Dun said...

Btw, I really like reading CPR peeps' blogs. It's a whole new cross-section of opinions and personality that you never would have seen otherwise.

Also, I feel like a weird stalker when I comment on other CPR blogs...so your blog will be my "comment clearinghouse." Deal? :-)

Dun said...

Last one, then I'm done, I promise. But when I was writing my previous comment about the blogs being a cool window into personalities not always on display at CPR, I thought of a former coworker and his "open the komodo" phrase.

And then I loled. :-)

Nathan said...

Dun, feel free to comment all you want, and I will NEVER forget "Open the Komodo." I still laugh about that.

trublubyu said...

congrats on #100!

Julie said...

Nathan - I am not sure your daughter will need to see this blog to think of her dad as a nerd :) I hope all things are good with you guys!