Thursday, March 5, 2009

The universe decided to pick on me.

Do you ever have those mornings when a bunch of little stuff keeps going wrong? When that happens, I start to wonder if I should just crawl under my bed and wait it out.

Yesterday was one of those mornings. Here is the list:

  1. When I turned on the car the "you need to get gas now" light came on.
  2. I got stopped at the train tracks right when the train first went through the intersection.
  3. After waiting for about 5 minutes, the train came to a stop (still blocking the road).
  4. At the gas station, I was out of my car with the fuel cap unscrewed before realizing the pump wasn't working (there was no "out of order" sign anywhere).
  5. Getting back in the car, I realized the safety on the pump shut off prematurely and I only have about 1/2 a tank full of gas.
  6. I hit EVERY red light.
  7. The guy in front of me only started signaling left AFTER I committed to getting behind him (I was going straight).
  8. At work, my computer wouldn't come out of hibernate mode, and I lost everything on my desktop I was working on the day before.

I know these are little things, but they all combined to make a pretty interesting morning.

The best image I can think of for this story is Captain Planet. (By your powers combined ... this was Nathan's crappy morning.)


2 comments:

Shorty said...

Yes, I've had those mornings, but thankfully not too recently. I hope this morning is a lot more smooth for you!

trublubyu said...

hope your day got better and that today is way better.