Thursday, April 16, 2009

1 Samuel 16:7

I love underdog stories. It's great to see unassuming people that challenge our conventional thinking. I think that's why I loved these two clips from Britain's Got Talent so much. Before they ever sang, the audience and the judges had already written them off.

It reminds me to look beyond the surface.

See Paul Potts here.

See Susan Boyle here.

It reminded me of when Samuel was called by the Lord to anoint the new king of Israel. He saw David's older brother, and immediately thought he was the next king.

Here is what the Lord said (1 Samuel 16:7):

"But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."

1 comment:

krystal said...

I really like your comparison between the scriptures and these stories. You're so smart. =)