Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Adventures in the Kitchen: Shirley J

It's been a week since I got my winnings, and I thought I would report on what we've tried so far from the Shirley J product line.

We've tried the white cheddar sauce over the top of baked potatoes and broccoli, and I thought it was pretty good. I have a weakness for white cheddar, and anything cheese related in general, so I definitely enjoyed this one. I'm also looking forward to experimenting with it a little more.

We also cooked chicken in the slow cooker on Sunday and used the chicken seasoning for slow cookers. My wife's parents were in town, and the verdict was unanimous. We would definitely use it again.

So far, we've really liked them. I'm excited to try the all-purpose seasoning and the dough enhancer, so I'll let you know when I have.

It was funny to use them, because my main experience with powder in cooking are the cheese pouches in the boxes of macaroni and cheese and the flavor packets in Raman noodles. I kept wondering if the end result would taste like something I made when I was a starving student.

Thankfully, they don't.

No comments: