Thursday, August 20, 2009

College Oops

During my freshman year of college, I lived in gender-segregated dorms, and one day I lost my ring (for you Mormons out there, it was a CTR ring). I looked everywhere for it.



I went to my classes, did my homework and tried to figure out where on earth I could have dropped it.

That night, my whole dorm floor got together for a meeting. The floor captain/chairman/president/sucker got up to make some announcements, and my eyes started to glaze over with the discussion about noise curfews and cleaning checks.

Then, he said something that pulled me back to reality. I looked up just in time to see him make a face like he had just eaten a couple dozen sour lemons and say, "We found this ring ..."

I jumped to my feet and said, "Oh, that's mine. Thanks."

The guy just stood there, looking baffled, so I grabbed the ring and sat back down.

On my way back to my seat, he said, "Oh, it was so small, I thought that was a girl's ring."

I thought that was why he was so confused, so we all had a good laugh about my skinny fingers and wrapped up the meeting.

The real reason he looked at me like I had three heads?

He found the ring in the dorm showers. He was trying to figure out how on earth a girl got in the bathroom long enough to shower without anyone noticing.

No comments: