Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grandpa gets the credit

My daughter is really good at assigning things in the house to different people. She will regularly point at my wife's shoes and say "Mommy!" or my belt and say "Daddy!"

It should also be noted that I hate mowing the lawn. I get tired of watering it to make it grow only to go around cutting it back down.

It seems like an exercise in futility.

I was neglecting the lawn a little when my wife's family was in town last week, and my father-in-law did me a huge favor and mowed it.

Yesterday, my daughter and I were in the kitchen, and someone started up their lawn mower. My daughter's head jerked up, and she yelled, "Bacca!"

(Bacca = Grandpa or Grandma)

So, after all of my work over the summer, Grandpa gets the credit for mowing the lawn.

Do you want to know what I get credit for?

Every time the bathroom door is closed, she points at it and says, "Daddy."

No comments: