Monday, March 28, 2011

Living in a Dictatorship

Sometimes I wonder who is really in charge in my house. I like to think that my wife and I are the ones making the decisions, but every once in a while, I start to second guess myself.

My daughter has started asking us our opinions:

"Mommy, Daddy? What's your favorite color?"
"Mommy, Daddy? Which crayon do you want?"
"Mommy, Daddy? Should I wear my pink shoes or my brown shoes?"
"Mommy, Daddy? Should I watch Dora or Sleeping Beauty?"

While I'm indifferent to these questions (except for the last one, which I will always emphatically resist Dora), no matter what answer I give, the response is always the same:

"No, you like yellow."
"No, you want the green one."
"No, I should wear the brown ones."
"No, I should watch Dora." (cringe)

In a small way, it's kind of cute to watch her exert complete control over her little tiny world.

Of course, it also makes me worried we're raising the next political dictator.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Bahaha! Well She has to be better than who we are dealing with now?