Oh, and I will never, NEVER stay at the Excalibur in Las Vegas again. Never.
I thought it would be fun for my daughter, since she regularly pretends she's Sleeping Beauty and I'm Prince Phillip. I had fond memories from childhood when I stayed there with my own parents.
I remember a bunch of kid stuff to do and a great family atmosphere.
What did I find this time?
- The rooms have the same decorations and threadbare carpet from the original construction.
- The first "non-smoking" room we were given smelled like an army of chain smokers had lived there for a few years. That room also had a couple "mystery stains" on the tapestry on the wall. *shudder* Thankfully, they moved us to another room that wouldn't give my daughter lung cancer.
- The cool carnival type stuff has gone the way of the Dodo. Now, there are a bunch of trashy stores and a food court. Yep. A food court. Evidently, McDonald's and Starbucks has been around since the Medieval era.
- Getting equal billing with Tournament of Kings (something I remember from the glory days) is another show called Thunder from Down Under.
- Right inside the front entrance was a platform with a go-go dancer perched on top. Is there a word for something smaller than a string bikini? If so, that's what she was wearing. Thankfully, my daughter didn't notice her gyrating around in broad daylight.