Friday, October 17, 2008

In Grandma's Feather Bed

I just saw this post from Mindi about the comfort of Mom and Dad's bed. I totally agree with Mindi. I don't want to have to fend off a bunch of kid arms and legs while trying to get some shut eye, but I vividly remember when I was little how much I wanted to curl up in my mom and dad's bed when I had a bad dream.

Unfortunately for me, my parents sound like an entire troop of loggers when they fall asleep. I guess it's good both of them snore because it would be torture for the one who didn't. I remember one particularly vivid nightmare about spiders and trying to make it down the stairs before they all got me. I sprinted into my parent's bedroom and asked if I could stay there for the night. They mumbled something that sounded like approval. Not two minutes later, they were both sawing logs, and I realized that I could either wake them up enough so I'd have a chance to get back to sleep first, or I would have to endure the noise pollution for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, I was back in my room five minutes later.

I guess it was worth the risk to have those spiders get me if it meant I didn't have to hear that noise.

No comments: