Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Failed Entrepreneur

I learned early in life that I should never be an entrepreneur. Some people are born with the gift and the drive to make a fledgling business succeed. I'm not one of them.



When I was 8 or 9 years old, my parents had me in piano lessons. My friend and I were playing one day, and somehow we got on the topic of my piano teacher. She learned that my parents paid this lady $20 a week for an hour lesson. That's when I had my most BRILLIANT IDEA EVER. We decided that I would go to my lessons and the next day, I would sit down with my friend and teach her what I just learned. In return, she would pay me a nickel for each lesson. What a bargain! I don't even have the math skills to calculate how big a savings that is (Actually, I probably do, but it makes my brain hurt ... because I'd rather be hung from my fingernails than do math).

How could this plan fail?

Looking back, I'm sure there is some obscure reason this should be illegal or something.

In the end, I don't know what I was thinking.

We made it through two lessons.

No comments: