Thursday, July 30, 2009

Disgusting ...

Do you remember this scene from A Christmas Story?

(I tried to find one I could embed, but all I could find is this one)



http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?o_cid=mediaroomlink&cid=62365

To many people, this looks disgusting. To those with young kids, this looks like a brilliant move to get picky kids to eat.

As much as I'd like to pretend my daughter loves her vegetables and eats everything we put in front of her, I'd be lying through my teeth if I tried. She goes through phases where she will eat regularly and then won't touch anything but milk or juice.

Recently, she has decided it's cool to take her bowl of food and dump her cup of water into it. Then she fishes around for a while and eats all the "floaties" after which she drinks all the liquid.

My wife and I can barely stand to watch, and usually just have to hope we're done with our own food before she does this. However, we don't even think of stopping her because we're just thrilled she is actually eating.

No comments: