Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Slightly funny and extremely cute

So, my daughter is adorable. I guess it's good I feel that way because I'm stuck with her whether I like it or not.

Last night, I got home from work, and she was having a ball going in and out of the backdoor, over and over again. I didn't bother to complain about the colony of flies she was letting in because she was having such a great time, and I didn't want to ruin it.

So, I let her have at it. At one point, however, the door got locked closed and she couldn't get back out. So, I unlocked the door for her.

When I opened it up, she immediately said, "Tay Tiew!" Then, because I must have taken to long to respond, she blurted out, "Weltum!"

Lest you think we have an abnormally well-mannered child, most of time we have to deal with her crying that we aren't giving her what she wants. Half the time, she doesn't even know what she wants.

That was the "slightly funny" and now for the "extremely cute."

I was out in the backyard with her last night, and we were both swinging in the hammock. Her head was resting on my chest, and all of the sudden, she grabbed my thumb and held my hand for a good 2 minutes.

Hammock + Spontaneous daddy/daughter hand holding = Heaven

2 comments:

trublubyu said...

that is so sweet. i love the bond between a dad and his daughter. nothing like it in the world.

Julie said...

Savor those moments. Really, really savor them. And then continue to report them here because I, for one, need to sometimes be reminded that my children also have those moments.