Monday, September 28, 2009

Unintended Conference Call

Our conference room phone has a faulty key pad. Sometimes it won't register the button you just pressed, and sometimes it will think you hit it twice.



Usually, when anyone tries to dial into the conference line they hear, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed," several times before they finally get it to work.

I must have the luck of the Irish with me, because one day I was the first one into the room for our meeting and got to push the buttons.

I dialed our bridge line (an 800 number), and immediately turned beet red when a seductive voice on the other end purred, "Hey, big boy."

Somehow, I had accidentally dialed one of those sleazy hotlines.

At work.

In front of the people who decide my salary.

And just my luck, there was no hole in sight for me to crawl into.

No comments: