Monday, November 2, 2009

Boston Bust

I was supposed to go to the east coast this weekend for my friend's wedding.



Well ... I didn't.

After spending 4 hours in the airport (in the middle of the night), they canceled my flight. They tried to book me on a different one, but the soonest I would get there would have been 10 and a half hours after the wedding started.

So, I missed it, and I'm still depressed about it.

While I was in line to get reimbursed for my trouble, the guy behind me commented on what a joke the whole situation was. I agreed and told him I was missing my friend's wedding. Then, I looked at the TV, which was broadcasting CNN International, and saw a story about the freak storms hitting the Philippines. The anchor talked about all the homes that have blown away and all the damage the storms have done.

I turned back to the guy, pointed at the screen and said, "But, at least my home hasn't blown away. I guess that's something to be grateful for."

It helped me put things in perspective.

I'm still depressed, though.

2 comments:

trublubyu said...

that's a huge bummer! i hope you got some awesome vouchers.

and i'm glad your home hasn't blown away.

Shauna said...

That is a bummer! When I lived in Utah my flight to Boston got canceled when I stopped in Chicago. 38 hours in O'Hare not fun. I missed the sealing and arrived about 8 hours before the reception the following day. They also canceled my return flight so I had to miss my first day of a brand new job. Needless to say I will never fly United or through Chicago again! I hope they gave you really great vouchers.

Boston is such a fun city. We went down there last month with the kids. It was definitely an adventure with kids but I would gladly do it again. It was so much fun.