Thursday, June 11, 2009

What do crab grass and cockroaches have in common?

Both will probably survive a nuclear bomb.

As you know, an infant has more fix-it skills than I do, but I'm trying to be handy and build my daughter a sandbox.



It's nothing fancy, but I need her to have another outlet besides throwing dirt on our strawberry bushes and ripping off all their leaves.

Some day, I'll have to ask her why can't she do that to the weeds instead.

You're probably thinking, "So, tangent boy, what does this have to do with crab grass and cockroaches?" (Actually, it has nothing to do with cockroaches.)



A couple nights ago, I took my shovel to go slice out the section of lawn we want removed, and realized just how badly the crab grass was going to kick my trash. Granted, my 120 lbs. is a sorry excuse for leverage, but after 20 jumps onto the shovel, the only thing I had to show for it was aching ab muscles and a headache.

I went out again yesterday, but I think this project is going to take longer than I thought.

Crab grass? They seriously need to consider making body armor out of that stuff.

Someone, call the people who make those Kevlar vests.

1 comment:

krystal said...

As we recently discovered with our insurance policy, our home is not covered in the event of nuclear damage. At least we know our grass will still be intact.