Thursday, October 22, 2009

Prayers

My wife and I are in the middle of teaching our daughter to pray.

While there are a multitude of mispronunciations all the way through, her intro gives me the giggles every time.

Here's how it usually goes:

Me: Do you want to say the prayer?

Daughter: Yes.

Me: Okay, say Dear?

Daughter: Dear!

Me: Heavenly?

Daughter: Funny!

Me: (trying to keep a straight face) Father.

Daughter: Fadder!

Now, I'm sure Heavenly Father is funny and has a great sense of humor. I just don't know if that is one of his typical prefixes.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Adam just barely stopped saying Hemanly Father. I always thought it was so cute that I never corrected him. I think he also still says frigalator for the same reason. For anybody who thinks my kid has a speech impediment, it's my fault.

TigerLily said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog. I found here through a comment you left on Clever Girl Goes Blog.

I thought the "Office Outtakes" post was funny, but this one had me laughing out loud :)

I'll be back :)