Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Mom's Obsession

My mom loves her children. I think it is also safe to say she loves her grandchildren as well.

She also loves pictures.

(Tangent)
It all stems from when she and my dad were first married. In their apartment, they weren't allowed to hang pictures on the walls, and my mom continually mentions this as one of the dark moments in her life. She continually mentions the "battleship gray" walls and how stifling it was that she couldn't brighten up her home.
(End Tangent)

The result?


It looks like a a picture frame store threw up all over a couple of her hallways.

My mom decided that she wanted to be able to see her family as much as possible, so she filled the walls with frames.

Oddly enough, as much as I tease her for all the sensory overload, whenever I go to visit, I find myself in this hallway looking at all the pictures over and over again.

Someday, I might just need a hallway like this of my own.

4 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

It feels like the pictures are closing in on me.
My Grandma had a dining room wall like that. Had 24 8x10's of all her grandchildren.
Maybe that's why I don't like too many things on my walls.

Carrie said...

I LOVE hallways like this. I've been contemplating starting one myself. :)

Loralee and the gang... said...

That's cool, and that reminds me, I need to update our photo wall!

Heather said...

I always wanted to do this but sadly I don't have a hallway like that