Thursday, March 18, 2010

Donut Addiction

Why is it so exciting to eat foods that aren't good for you.

My brain is automatically wired to bypass my reasoning center and go straight to the "Yes" button when confronted with desserts.

A couple weeks ago, my coworker asked if I wanted to go get a donut. Without missing a beat, I jumped out of my chair to go.



Somewhere deep in the back of my head, the logical part of me said, "Nathan, you think you have a cavity. Maybe you should lay off the donuts, at least until you get it fixed."

But don't worry. I smothered that part of me in a chocolate bar daydream, and felt utter contentment ... until I went to the dentist's office and found out I really did have a cavity.

3 comments:

Shorty said...

Those donuts look sooooooo good. Dang. Thankfully, the ones that get brought to my office periodically don't come from Krispy Creme, so they aren't that tempting!

Anonymous said...

I miss those donut runs! Now, I just sit at my desk and about once a week Daylight Donuts brings in a box to our office. I don't even walk to go get a donut so I feel even more guilty eating them now.

JMadd said...

I love how there's some wheat right next to the donuts like it's supposed to make us feel better about it.