Wednesday, March 10, 2010

If you want a stomach cramp ...

... go here. Carolina shares her latest self diagnosis, and I think I have a few newly defined ab muscles as a result.

And I have a story of my own, but you have to read hers first.

Don't worry ... I'll wait.



...



Believe me, it's worth clicking over, even if you're lazy like me.



...



When I was 6 years old, I was digging through our piles of videos looking for something new to watch.

(Tangent)
In order to fully appreciate this, you have to know that my mom must have had a secret desire to start a video rental business out of her basement. We had wall-to-wall shelves full of VHS tapes, many of which had multiple movies recorded from TV.
(End Tangent)

Finally, as I neared the end of my meticulous search, I struck gold. One of my mom's homemade labels, said, "White Christmas with Bing Crosby."

Instead, I read, "White Christmas with Bill Cosby."

I watched the entire movie waiting for a funny black guy to come on screen and start cracking jokes. Finally, I ejected the movie to re-read the label and realized what an idiot I'd been.

I'm sure White Christmas is a great movie, but when you're expecting the comedic stylings of a funky sweater wearing, Jell-O evangelizing jokester, it leaves much to be desired.

Incidentally, this was also my introduction to Bing Crosby.

2 comments:

politicchic6 said...

Ha! How do you know Carolina? She and I were roommates as young and innocent Freshmen.

Nathan said...

Unfortunately, I don't know her. Holly pointed this one out, though, and we had a good laugh about it.