Saturday, November 8, 2008

"How To" Article of the Week

Here's a fun one: How to Dilate or Shrink Your Pupils on Command.



When I saw this, I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to know how to do this. It reminded me of Dwight on The Office talking about his cholesterol.

Dwight: Through concentration, I can raise and lower my cholesterol at will.
Pam: Why would you wanna raise your cholesterol?
Dwight: So I can lower it.

That's how pointless I thought this was. However, I've apparently been missing out on a whole world of body language. I guess our pupils are supposed to say a bunch about how we feel about the person we're talking to.

Me? I've never noticed what someone's pupils have done during a conversation. Am I going to worry about it? Nope.

I think people would be completely creeped out by the fact that I'm staring intensely at their eyes to gauge the size of their pupils. That's just me ...

No comments: