Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Dee Tiew" (Translation: "Thank You")

My daughter is in the gibberish talking stage. She's 1 year old, and talks our ears off (I wonder who she gets that from ...).

A couple of days ago, I was getting ready, and she couldn't get her desired blanket out from under a pile of laundry. Her first impulse was to start screaming for it, so I told her that's not how we ask for help (I know, falling on deaf ears, but I have to try). Oddly enough, she stopped and mumbled something incomprehensible, so I said, "That's right. I'll help you get it out."

After pulling it out for her, I heard a very distinct "Dee Tiew" over and over for about a minute.

If I was a real man, I wouldn't admit this, but I got a little choked up.

1 comment:

trublubyu said...

that is so cute. i love the beginning stages of talking. except when they really want something and they keep repeating it over and over and you just can't understand what it is they want. that i don't love. but i love it anyway, ya know?