Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wall of Shame

In my cubicle, I have a wall of shame. It's basically a collection of emails that showcase my mistakes. I guess I probably shouldn't have these on display, but oddly enough, these are fun to read for two reasons:
  1. It helps me learn from my mistakes. I can look up and think, "Oh, I remember when I did that. I have to make sure I do XYZ next time."
  2. It reminds me that no matter how bad my day is, it's probably not as bad as when I sent/received that email.

My coworker says I should rename it and, instead of the "Wall of Shame," call it the "Wall of Overcoming Self-Made Obstacles." He suggested I call it WoOSMO for short.

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Ha ha ha! I second that motion!

Dun said...

HAHAHA! WoOSMO. "Self-made obstacles." That's gold.

But there's so much history associated with the Wall of Shame. It would be a shame to change it at this point.

Just my opinion.

[Editor]

lolz

Meredith said...

My wall is a "Wall of Mental Necessity." Anything that I need to repeatedly remember until it becomes a habit goes up on this wall in the form of several 3 X 3 Post-it notes of various colors. My desk wall looks as if Office Depot, Isle 5 exploded on it.